Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Time to start packing!

We're moving in two and a half weeks and I haven't packed a thing. It's time to get going on it! I finally have some boxes to work with, since my husband has been bringing some home from work and some friends brought a few big ones over the other night, so I no longer have any excuse to put it off.

I got some good advice from some friends last night. When I pack something up I should write on the box what room it goes in and what's in it, and when we take it to the new house we should put the box in the proper room right away. That way things are where they go right off.

That's some pretty good advice, given that when we moved into this house we had hardly anything other than some clothes and a few boxes of sentimental things. I had a few towels and dishes but that didn't take anytime to put away. It's now ten years down the road and we have accumulated quite a bit of stuff that we have to deal with now.

I better get to it, then!

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

2 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I feel your pain. We are moveing this month and I have not packed a thing. I told my hubby today that we need to pack room by room and lable each box. :)

smbwallace said...

Thanks for the tips and encouragement, y'all!