Thursday, February 07, 2008

Good grades party

We are having an honor roll/good grades party for our girls tomorrow!

Our eight-year-old third grader made all A's, our nine-year-old fourth grader made all A's and two B's, and our kindergartner and preschooler got very good marks! The fourth grader and the preschooler are actually our nieces.

A few weeks back my husband promised our third grader that he'd throw her a party if she made all A's, like she normally does. She did make all A's, and her cousin in the fourth grade also got on the honor roll as usual, so the party was on! My husband got his sister (our nieces' mother) involved in the party and it really began taking shape then. She has already bought all the party decorations, plates, cups, goodie bag items, and even invitations, and today she's getting some food. I'm going to do a little food shopping for the party myself today, and my husband will be bringing home a freshly-made cake tomorrow after work.

I've called several of our friends and invited them, and most of them can come. We have the invitations to give to some more of them tonight. We're expecting about 20 kids (give or take a few) tomorrow evening. We're going to keep it very simple with a few games and a little food and hope they have a great time!

2 comments:

Cindi said...

oh how wonderful! give everyone my love!

Laura said...

I hope the party was a success & that everybody had a good time! Wish I could've been there. Still waiting on my pictures to be emailed!!!