Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Book fair time!

This week is book fair week at my daughter's school, and today was my day to volunteer. It is so fun to help the little kids pick out their books, to see the excitement on their faces as they choose new reading material. It's almost as fun as buying books myself.

A former teacher and I went around the shelves pulling books off to buy later on in the day. I chose the National Geographic volume "American Heroes" and "The Dream and the Struggle: Separate But Not Equal" by Jim Haskins. These two books are written for middle school students but are still good reminders for someone like me whose memory is getting a little foggy. Plus we'll have them around when the girls get a little older.

My daughter chose some books for herself and for her sister, and now we have softcover books laying around on just about every surface in the house. It's wonderful to see them read and to help them learn to love reading.

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: