Friday, April 13, 2007

A bad mom and proud of it

I was a bad mom today but I still have my sanity and I'm proud of it!

My kids got out of school an hour early today for parent-teacher conferences. Of course they were rather rowdy and it was raining outside, so I couldn't send them out to play. I had plan B ... let them watch television. That they did, to the tune of FOUR movies!

First they watched an animal show on VHS, then they watched Babar on VHS.

After that we watched an old movie on TV. (Does it count as parent-child time that I was in the living room with them working on my laptop and watching the movie with them?) It was called "Showboat," a 1951 movie based on the 1928 Jerome Kern musical, about life on a Mississippi River showboat.


They also watched an old Kurt Russell movie (he looked 20) with their dad.

Normally they don't watch near that much TV in the run of a day so this was really unusual for them. But they were nice and quiet and I didn't have to threaten to do bodily harm to anyone and I had peace all afternoon long.

So maybe I was a bad mom for letting them watch that much TV, but I think I'm better person (or at least still sane) for it!

No comments: