Sunday, February 26, 2006

Making meals with farm-fresh groceries

We spent a good portion of the weekend on the road checking on our little niece, who was hospitalized with a flareup of her juvenile diabetes, so we didn't get to enjoy many of our fresh, natural Arkansas goodies from the farm food basket program at Hardin's River Merchantile in Little Rock. We ate a lot of on-the-road food, so I was glad to get back home this evening to my farm-fresh food.


My husband cooked up the organic whole wheat noodles with some chicken (from the local grocery store) and we ate that for supper along with another good spinach salad.
He put the hillbilly bean soup mix in the slow cooker along with some onions and who knows what else for supper tomorrow night, or maybe even lunch, depending on when it gets done. It sure smells good and I'm looking forward to it.

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: