Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wash day blues

Where in the world did all these dirty clothes come from? That's the question I've been asking myself this weekend. The answer seems to lie in the fact that everybody's growing and getting new clothes that need to be washed, and nobody has bothered to wash them or the ones we already had.


As a mom who'd much rather do pretty much anything besides housework, I take exception with the laundry. I don't mind doing the laundry and cannot stand the accumulation of dirty clothes. I don't mind piles of clean ones laying around because they're, well, clean. I do a pretty good job of keeping the clothes at least clean if not actually folded and on occasion put in the drawers.


With two children and their father to wash for, though, I have to stay on top of it. Apparently I let one or two too many days slip by without working on the laundry and now I get to spend one or two days catching up on it. Better get to it!


My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do laundry either. My b/f does it now. Yes.. it's amazing, but he does it. I do everything else mostly.. Esp cooking and cleaning.

smbwallace said...

AAAH! I spent two days washing, drying, folding and putting away but now we're back to the piles again. Only not as bad this time! ;-)