Thursday, April 27, 2006

The doctor is IN

Mr. Living the DAD Life and I have teamed up against the Terrible Case of Ringworm and it seems to be working. It's not something that clears up overnight but we're optimistic about the progress.


She started on prescription antifungal and antibiotic medications this time last week, and I had already been treating it topically with tea tree oil (which is highly antifungal and a natural substance to boot) and antifungal cream. A few days ago we added to our cleaning routine hydrogen peroxide and apple cider vinegar. Her beautiful black hair is turning red and even blonde in some spots in the back! I can't believe it but that'll just have to be okay. We also started putting baking soda on it at night to pull out the infection, and it's really working.


A few days ago we went to the health food store and got a few medicated shampoos for scalp conditions and an herbal supplement that contains black walnut and other herbs. We washed her hair with the shampoo and added the herbal supplement to the treatment routine. I almost immediately noticed a difference with the herbal supplement and am very glad the young man at the health food store recommended it. He too had suffered with ringworm and he knew just what to suggest.


I kept her home from school for two days so I could treat it during the day as needed and so that it could have that much more exposure to the air. It started draining on its own and drying up yesterday so I was really glad. I sent her to school today so I hope all is still as well as it can be when she gets home.

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: