Friday, April 14, 2006

What a lazy day!

The kids are out of school today so we didn't even bother to get up this morning. That set the tone for a lazy, restful day at home.

The girls got up around 9 a.m. and for some strange reason didn't bother me whining about something to eat. I smelled baby lotion and tea tree oil in my sleep, but no one bothered me.

I finally got up around 10 a.m. and all the damage I found was a washcloth with lipstick or something like that smeared on it. The four-year-old had greased her hair down with baby lotion but I didn't find any overturned bottles of tea tree oil, so that must have been their father dousing himself with that earlier in the day! I went up to the front of the house and found two little girls quietly munching on apples and watching fuzzy educational television.

I brewed a pot of coffee and sat checking my email, message boards and a few blogs and then finally got around to getting dressed and having breakfast around 1 p.m. I have some work scheduled for today and I really need to get some housework done, but at this rate, I won't get to any of it until bedtime!

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: