Friday, April 14, 2006

A great Friday indeed

The weather is perfect, the children are quiet, and it is turning out to be a really great Friday.

Many people already consider this to be a good Friday and have their minds on Jesus Christ this time of year, and our family is no different. We attended the Memorial of Jesus Christ's death this past Wednesday at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.

On the night before he died, Jesus Christ instituted the Memorial of his death. Using wine and unleavened bread as symbols, he commanded, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."

We were privileged to be among the 77 who attended locally; my husband even delivered the evening's speech explaining how Christians benefit from the death of Jesus Christ and the importance of not only observing the Memorial each year but of taking action to share this with others.

A very enlightening timeline of the last days of Jesus' life here on earth can be found here.

I hope everyone has as wonderful a Friday as I am!

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: