Monday, January 09, 2006

The added challenge of two

People who think it's tough to be a mother ought to go and have another child. Now that's what you call a real challenge.

Most first children are sweet little babies who leave their mothers dreaming of more sweet little babies. That was not the case with my first, a demanding little thing who was hard to please. My dreams of mothering four babies were dashed to pieces with the sound of the first piercing scream and crushed into fine powder as the grueling days turned into weeks and I realized that I could not do this repeatedly. But we could not leave her as an only child, so we had another.

Now that one was the sweet little baby you're supposed to have first. Thank goodness, because I was now outnumbered.

My website
My writing blog
My working mom blog

No comments: